You may have friends that are already bloggers, designers or even web developers and they’re familiar with the basics of creating a website. While you, on the other hand, are completely unfamiliar with the process and are essentially a website virgin – looking to create a website for the very first time.
We understand that in the interest of bettering your company’s eCommerce website or internet presence that you are attempting to learn as much about the entire process as possible. So we wanted to lay out the simple steps to getting a professional site up and running and give a quick breakdown of WordPress.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that is designed to help you organize and display your website content in whatever manner you choose. With this simple interface, you can manage everything that appears on your site; images, videos, text, and everything in-between. Instead of trying to hand code your website or use confusing, and expensive, software that can actually greatly restrict your creativity, WordPress’ user-friendly interface makes website development and maintenance easy and stress-free.
What Does It Take To Get My Website Up With WordPress?
There is a virtual metric-ton of information surrounding WordPress but unfortunately, most of it is confusing garbage. When broken down to the basics, there are essentially 5 steps to creating a professional WordPress website.
- Select & Register The Perfect Domain Name – This is your ‘dot com’ name. Think about a website in terms of actual real estate – the domain name is your address and how your internet customers will find you. Selecting the right domain name is extremely important and can be incredibly time-consuming itself. Chances are pretty good that the desired name at the top of your list is already registered as a .com name and owned by someone else. This is where you’ll need your thinking cap as you may have to get creative in order to come up with the best solution. It should be noted though that the shorter and more memorable the domain name, the better.
- Selecting a Web Host – Once again using the real estate analogy, a web host is the land where your address resides. If you happen to have a server farm set up in your home, along with the bandwidth to handle it, then you fall into a completely different category. Otherwise, the rest of us must ‘rent’ land in order for our customers and visitors to have the ability to visit our address. The websites that you come across that say ‘Domain Name Parked’ or ‘Coming Soon’ are generally domain names that have been purchased but do not yet have a web host. Meaning lost revenue.
- Select WordPress As Your Content Management System (CMS) – CMS is the underlying software that will your new ‘home’ and allows you to manage your website. WordPress is arguably the best CMS available – it’s open-source, user-friendly, secure, powerful and completely free. Once more thinking of this as real estate, WordPress is the foundation and framing as well as the plumbing, wiring, and roof of the address.
- Designing Your New Home – Now that you own the perfect domain name, selected the ideal web host for your needs and decided on WordPress as the backbone of your new home, it’s time for some fun – actually designing your website. There are hundreds of free themes available for WordPress and in real estate, a WordPress theme would be considered the type of flooring, the paint on the walls, landscaping etc. Selecting a theme is simply a matter of your personal preferences and business needs. This is the most artistic piece of the whole website process and with WordPress, you have carte blanche to design your company site as you wish.
- Making It Shine – This is where the real fun begins – adding the content and furnishings to your new web home. This is the furniture, decorations and lighting choices and even the food in your fridge – what makes your website desirable. With WordPress you can select exactly how you want your images laid out, how large or small your headers or footers are, which links are secure or not and everything above and below and in-between.
Why BionicWP Stands Out
We know WordPress inside and out and have years of experience providing professional and knowledgeable web hosting services. Our WordPress customer service and technical support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year – if you need help, we’re just a phone call away. BionicWP provides peace of mind with secure WordPress hosting and a team that truly understands the importance of stability, trust and reliability when it comes to web hosting.
Contact us today and we will provide your business with secure, affordable hosting that you can depend on. Pick up the phone and call BionicWP right now! Every minute that your business doesn’t have a professional website, you’re losing potential sales or leads. Contact us today and provide your customers with the quality they expect, and the peace of mind that you desire.