In the real world, a customer can drive to your business, walk in the door, and discover all of the products or learn about the services you offer. The only prerequisite is that the store is open at the time the customer arrives. As long as the door is unlocked and there is a sales person available, there is potential for your visitor to become a customer. In-person customer service, however, is quite different from online customer service.
Why Optimizing Your WordPress Site Is Important
When it comes to the digital world, your website is the only avenue you have to turn a user into a client. If your website is outdated, not user-friendly, or loads slowly, you may lose customers. Users visit a website in hopes of finding the best product or service that meets their needs, and you want to wow them. Being able to astound potential clients not only depends on the product/service you offer; it also depends on the quality and efficiency of your WordPress performance, especially loading speed. Website speed is becoming increasingly more important for not only potential clients but also for Google’s ranking algorithm. To impress your customers and to improve your rankings on Google, improving your WordPress performance is key.
WordPress sites specifically need to be constantly monitored to ensure they are up-to-date and have the latest versions of plugins to run smoothly and efficiently. Without this monitoring, your site may become sluggish which leads to slow loading speeds. Even the slightest delay in your WordPress site’s loading speed can cause visitors to leave your site without having viewed what you have to offer. Because WordPress performance is so critical to the success of your business online, BionicWP is here to give you some tips on optimizing your site.
Tips and Tricks to Optimize Your WordPress Website
At BionicWP, we want your business’ WordPress site to function as efficiently as possible so that you can improve your Google ranking and so that your users have a great experience and convert into customers. Here are some tips and tricks to improve your WordPress performance:
- Optimize your images. To speed up WordPress site loading time, it is critical to reduce the file sizes of your images without reducing quality. There are some great, free WordPress performance plugins that will do this for you automatically so that you don’t have to waste time manually reducing each image you want on your site.
- Utilize a CDN (content delivery network) to prevent speed reduction or site crashes, especially during peak traffic times. Rather than keeping your cached static content on your hosting server in one geographic location, a CDN will store it and serve that content to users when requested from the geographic location closest to the user. This will help reduce the load on your hosting server and keep your WordPress performance at its best.
- Integrate an effective caching plugin. When a user accesses your site, a caching plugin can help speed up WordPress load time by using a lighter version of your WordPress PHP scripts in the form of the HTML page. The faster your site loads the happier your potential clients will be.
- Optimize your database. When you want to speed up WordPress performance, your database is one of the most important ways to improve your site. The database stores all of the content for your site including blogs posts, pages, comments, links, form entries, website/theme/plugin settings, and your history of updates. The larger your database the longer it takes for the server to access the information in your database tables and the slower your site’s load speed.
- Invest in high performance hosting. A successful website should help you turn visitors into clients, and good hosting will assist with that. A simple setup, solid security, top-notch speed, full support, and other aspects of a good host can increase your WordPress performance. At BionicWP, we will perform your website optimization. All you need to do is sign up with us and let us handle the rest!
As a business owner, we know that you have more important things to worry about concerning the success of your business than your website. But you also understand the importance of your WordPress performance when it comes to converting users into clients. At BionicWP, we have the resources and experience to ensure that your site is fully optimized and sets your business up for success online. Contact us today to learn more about site optimization, WordPress performance plugins, and site speed.