Share This Post
Table Of Content
- Google is everywhere! Be it the world’s most popular search engine, online advertising network, or any other digital services; Google is often at the top. Just like any other part of the online world, Google is also known for its cloud platform. The Google cloud platform is among the Top 10 Cloud Service Providers of 2020, and there are various reasons that have made it one of the finest cloud platforms. If you are launching a new website or want your existing website to attract more visitors, you don’t want a slow website. That’s where a cloud hosting platform can help you, and Google cloud is undoubtedly one of the best options available. Scroll down this post to gain an understanding of Google Cloud Platform, the benefits it offers, and how you can install your WordPress website on the Google Cloud Platform. browser.
Google Cloud Platform
Google Cloud Platform, or GCP, is an exceptionally reliable and highly scalable cloud platform. It offers distinctly remarkable cloud computing services on the internet. This cloud provider platform enables users to store as well as compute data. Moreover, the Google cloud platform also supports developers in the testing, building, and deployment of applications.
The Google Cloud Platform offers storage, application, and cloud computing services for the backend, mobile, and web solutions on the internet. The standard and benefits of services provided by Google Cloud Platform can be further confirmed by the fact that over four million apps use this platform.
Why Google Cloud? 10+ Advantages of Google Cloud
Google Cloud offers an array of services that allows you to host your application or website on the most significant search data centers. Google Cloud platform grants you access to this particular hardware in the form of Virtual Machines or VM. As opposed to any other regular VM, a cloud provider will use a collection of machines to keep your data safe. The Google Cloud Platform will give you all the benefits of cloud hosting.
Many companies, apps, and web solutions are now migrating to the Google cloud platform. The reason behind so many apps trusting this platform are countless, including security, adaptability, outstanding solutions, and many more. Following are some of the leading reasons that have made Google Cloud so popular.
Downscaling has been a major negative point and disadvantage of cloud computing. However, Google Cloud Platform has totally changed that. GCP offers remarkable scalability, where up and downscaling have become quite simple.
2. Serverless Computing
Google cloud platform runs on the cloud-computing execution model. In this model, the CSP runs the server and also manages the allocation of resources. Therefore, the pricing is based on the actual and initial amount of the resources that are consumed by the application, instead of the pre-purchased price of all resources.
3. Quick Collaboration
GCP allows quick and easy collaboration, which means that multiple users can access and edit projects simultaneously. This is because the data is stored on a shared cloud platform instead of an individual system.
4. More Flexibility and Authority to the User
Google Cloud Platform gives a lot more flexibility and authority to the users as compared to any other cloud services provider. They have control and authority over technology as well as on their data in the Google apps. In case the user wants to opt out of using the service, they can easily extract their data out of the Google Cloud system.
4. Increased Customer Security
This has to be one of the most tremendous and most significant advantages of Google Cloud Platform – it offers state of the art security to its users. All GCP users gain advantages from process-based as well as physical security support offered by Google. Moreover, there are currently over 500 expert security professionals working to ensure the safety of all Google Cloud Platform users.
5. Minimal data storage on Risky Devices
Google Cloud Platform ensures that lesser data is stored on devices that are risky or can be a security threat. This may include unauthorized mobile devices, computers that may be compromised once the user stops using them, or any other vulnerable devices. Hence, increased security!
6. Better Uptime and More Reliability
With Google Cloud services, you are guaranteed to have improved uptime and increased reliability. This is because in case a data center is unavailable for any reason, Google Cloud rapidly moves on to the secondary data center without any significant or noticeable interruption.
7. Redundant Backups
Google Cloud Platform ensures the integrity of your data, even in case of a disaster. As it stores your data via a multi-regional storage model, it guarantees that you will never lose your data.
8. Improved Productivity and Better Performance
All these benefits and features naturally result in better performance and improved productivity. Another main feature of Google Cloud Platform that helps in increasing productivity is Google’s quick access to innovation. Google updates its platform every week with efficiency, which guarantees better performance.
9. Smooth and Easy Adaptability to New Functionalities
Google Cloud Platform makes small, gradual, and manageable changes instead of large and disruptive changes. It enables the users to have some time to adjust to the changes so that they can easily adapt to the latest functionalities.
10. Better Pricing
Google Cloud Platform offers a much more beneficial and practical pricing model for its clients. It only charges for the service that you opt for.
11. Integrated Services
Google Cloud Platform allows you the ease of using multiple services at the same time. You can use various APIs, AI and ML, Compute engine, IoT, Big Data analytics, databases, Security, Developer tools, security, and storage at the same time.
12. Easy Remote Access
Google Cloud Platform provides you with easy and user-friendly access to your data from anywhere and at any time. You can access your data remotely through Google’s web apps.
Google Cloud Cost
The cloud services offered by the Google Cloud Platform are priced at the most optimum price range as compared to its competitors in the market. There are 4 types of pricing arrangements or factors offered by Google Cloud Platform. These factors include:
- Sub-Hour Billing: In this scenario, the bill is charged only for a specifically requested time period. For example, if you have requested service for half an hour, Google Cloud will not round it off to a whole hour. You will only be billed for that particular half hour time you requested.
- Custom Machine Type: Google Cloud Platform allows you to set the exact quantity of memory and CPU power required, particularly for your application, and then billing is made accordingly.
- Sustained use Discount: Google provides an accumulating discount of 25% if the use of computer resources is sustained instead of being used temporarily.
- Preemptible Instances: In case the system is set up with fault tolerance, it can easily enable other systems. Hence, the overall cost is reduced.
How to Host WordPress on Google Cloud?
Hosting or installing WordPress on Google cloud is a bit more demanding and lengthy as compared to other cloud service providers. However, the benefits of using Google Cloud Platform outweighs the time and energy required to set it up.
In contrast, if you have no previous experience with cloud hosting, or if it seems too much, then the best and most effective method is to choose a reliable WordPress Managed Hosting Solution, like BionicWP.
Without further ado, let’s proceed to learn how to host WordPress on Google Cloud without a Managed Cloud Hosting Solution provider.
Make a Google Cloud Account
The first thing that you have to do when hosting WordPress on Google Cloud is to sign up for Google Cloud. This step will only require a few minutes. As soon as you have access to your console, it is best to verify your Google Cloud account with your bank or credit card. Google Cloud also offers an option of free trial to its users.
2. Create and Configure a new Project
As you have created your Google Cloud account, you now need to create a new project via your console. When you create a project, the next step would be naming it. You can name it as per your wish.
3. Run and Install Script of WordPress
Once you have made an account and started the new project, now is the time to start installing WordPress. For that, you have to go to cloud launcher and search for WordPress.
Another screen will now appear. Here, you have to click ‘Launch on Compute Engine.’
Now, you will need to completely fill the WordPress Deployment form before doing anything else. When completing this form, make sure that you check the following boxes:
- Install phpMyAdmin
- Allow HTTP traffic and HTTPS traffic, which is present under the firewall
- Enable Google Cloud Monitoring to get regular reports about your Google Cloud Services.
Now, press ‘Deploy’ to begin the installation of WordPress on the Google Cloud Platform.
This might take a few minutes.
Once the WordPress installation has been finalized, you will now be redirected to the Deployment information window. Make it a point to keep a record of your WordPress administrator username and password. Make sure that you also note down the MySQL administrator password as well as phpMyAdmin username.
Your WordPress site is now installed and being hosted on the Google Cloud Platform. When you want to visit your installation, you can click on ‘Visit WordPress site.’ You can also visit your WordPress installation by entering the IP address that can be found under the Site Address within your browser.
And that is all there is to hosting your WordPress website or app on Google Cloud Platform!
Use your own Domain
Even though your WordPress website is installed, up, and running on the Google Cloud Platform, there are still a few things that have to be taken care of. The topmost out of these things is using your own domain name. Currently, your WordPress website can only be accessed through an IP address, which is not very practical and user-friendly. Therefore, you should now map and use a customized domain for your website.
Now that we have learned the whole procedure of how you can host or install WordPress on Google Cloud, you might be feeling overwhelmed. Particularly, if you have no former hands-on experience with cloud hosting, this could be quite challenging for you. Using Google Cloud Platform is not easy for a WordPress user. There are various actions to do, even before the installation of WordPress on the Google Cloud. In simpler words, the process of hosting WordPress on Google Cloud is lengthy, a bit complicated, and might go wrong in various ways.
How can BionicWP help?
We simplify managed cloud hosting for our clients. Our custom dashboard helps all our clients to launch and manage their WordPress application on google cloud platform with just a few clicks. We use the same Google Cloud infrastructure for all our clients hosting needs.
In addition to all the benefits of the Google Cloud Platform, BionicWP offers the following benefits:-
- 1 platform for managing everything, from hosting to plugins to themes and much more
- 90+ Google page speed score guarantee
- Application-level support (Unlimited edits).
- Frequent Malware Scanning, WordPress Hardening & WAF Firewall
- Guaranteed improvement in site performance and conversions
- Google C2 High Compute Instances with Premium Tier Bandwidth
- Nginx + FCGI + PHP 7.4 + MariaDB with LXD – Hyper Optimized Stack
- High-performance CDN
- A completely white-label solution is available. (For resellers)
- Auto backup to staging and rollback for all those awkward moments
- Managed update of core, theme, plugins
- Free staging environment
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our support team (email@example.com). You can also launch your first site for free to experience our platform and see what improvements it can have on your site’s performance .
Cloud hosting for websites and apps have become immensely popular over the last few years. Cloud hosting, especially on the top cloud platform of Google, provides you with uptime, speed, stability, innovation, and a lot more. Moreover, with a WordPress Managed hosting solution like BionicWP by your side, the hosting of WordPress on GCP is easier than ever.
With Google Cloud, you will not have to rely on a single and shared server for hosting your website. Not only will Google cloud ensure uptime and scalability of your site and resources, but it will also provide your visitors with a premium user experience. What more could a site owner want?
We hope that this guide benefits you and helps you install your WordPress website on Google Cloud without any hassle. However, if you are feeling too intimidated by this tutorial, you can always avail the hands-off WordPress Managed hosting solutions by BionicWP.